Today was grocery day! I picked up a beautifully roasted rotisserie chicken to help add to our gourmet dinner planned for this evening. Just kidding. I actually picked up a fully cooked rotisserie chicken because this is supposed to be “easy” chicken salad sandwiches, so the less cooking the better. This chicken salad recipe has been one of my favorites for a very long time. I still remember my mom packing it for our family picnics, road trips, and sporting events as a kid. She even packed it for me when I was headed to the hospital to deliver my sweet Elaina. Thank you mom, for making my life a little easier by introducing me to this wonderfully easy and delicious meal that my kids love too! I hope the rest of you enjoy it as much as we do!
Easy Steps for the Best Chicken Salad:
- Remove the meat from the chicken bones. Chop it into small pieces. Add it to a large bowl. You are also welcome to boil a couple of chicken breasts and then shred the meat.
- Chop the celery to your desired size and add it to the chicken. (my oldest daughter prefers it without and that’s okay, too)
- Cut purple grapes in half and add it to the chicken mixture.
- Add package of slivered almonds to the chicken mixture.
- Add the mayo.
- Mix all together.
- Serve as a salad (if you’re gluten free like me), eat it as a sandwich, or eat it with crackers.
However you eat it, you will wish you had made more. It is that good.
- 1 purchased rotisserie chicken or 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup halved grapes
- small package slivered almonds
- ½ cup mayonnaise (I add it until it is moist)