When you are on a gluten free diet you often have cravings for those special food items that you use to enjoy. The girls wanted to try making donuts for breakfast, so we found a gluten free recipe to follow so Mommy could enjoy them, too! The results were scrumptious. We look forward to trying different flavors and glazes soon. I hope you enjoy!
FOR THE DONUTS:
- 2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup oil of choice
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ – 1 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease donut sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, vanilla, and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- I put the batter into an icing bag so that it was clean and easy to fill the donut pan filling about 1/2 full. Make sure that you do not cover the center of the donut, where the hole with go.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until the donuts rise and set.
- Remove from oven and carefully remove the donut from the pan. You may need to use a spoon to loosen them if they stick. I didn’t have a problem with mine sticking. I also flipped them over on the wire rack.
- Cool donuts on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Place your wire rack over a cookie sheet or piece of parchment paper.
- For the glaze: In a separate small mixing bowl, combine the powered sugar and milk. Heat covered in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir until all sugar lumps are dissolved.
- One at a time, dip the tops of your donuts into the glaze.
- Place your donut back on the rack and repeat until all donuts have been dipped.
- Repeat 1-2 more times until your glaze is white.
- After the last dip in the glaze, dip the donuts into the sprinkles.
- You can store donuts in a airtight container at room temperate for up to three days.