My FAMOUS dirt pudding! Just kidding, I just feel famous when I make it, because everyone seems to enjoy it. If my family knows that a cookout or party is coming up, they always ask if I will make the Oreo dirt pudding. I am fairly confident that my six year old ate half of the pan last night! Another reason I love this recipe is because I can replace regular Oreos with Gluten Free Oreos and no one notices the difference. If you are looking for an easy dessert to share at your next cookout or pitch-in, I highly recommend this recipe. I am confident it will then become YOUR famous dirt pudding!
- 1 package of Oreos (I use gluten free)
- 1/2 C. butter melted
- 8 oz. pkg cream cheese softened
- 1 6.9 oz. pkg vanilla INSTANT pudding
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- 3 C. milk total
- 1 C. Sugar
- Crush Oreos and place in 9×13 pan (save a few for the topping) I usually put the Oreos in a ziploc bag and let my girls use the rolling pin to crush them up. It is a great way to incorporate your kids if they enjoy helping!
- Pour melted butter over Oreos.
- In a large bowl, mix pudding & milk together until it thickens. Add softened cream cheese, and sugar and mix well. (I totally made a mess the last time I made it because my cream cheese was not softened and it threw the pudding out of the kitchen aide mixer. Don’t make the same mistake as me, I am still finding pudding HA!)
- Fold cool whip into the pudding mixture and spread over the Oreos.
- Sprinkle remaining crushed Oreos on top.
- Chill for 2-3 hours for best results. (I have made this without having time for it to chill and it was still very good. My husband said he prefers it when it has not been chilled)